A collaborative ministry of over 46 intra-faith communities: A Mission of Tippecanoe Presbyterian Church
Join us in another year of ministry
and fulfill a call to a personal experience of mission!
The numbers of participating churches and funders continues to grow! Praises be!
To see funders, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Our Ministries include: Overnight Prayer Vigil/Warming Room, Larry (and Les!) Under the Bridge,
Garden Keepers Urban Gardening Internships, Graced Saturday Mornings,
SOS meals Fridays April-November, Advocacy, and Project Home.
Questions? Please email Pastor Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the office at 414-481-4680.
See what the media is saying about our ministry... just click here!
Be part of making a difference....
1. Serve as a nightly host. Hosts are required to attend annual training. Your committing ONE night of ministry makes it possible for TWENTY people to receive safe accommodations and personal support. You can host anywhere between once a week and once a month. It’s never convenient! It’s always life changing! And it isn’t hard to do! Is giving up one half of one night’s sleep worth it? We know it is. Please contact Pastor Karen to set up a time to be oriented to the ministry!
2. Provide a pot luck dinner. Volunteer (with your family, friends, church group) to provide a pot luck dinner one or more evenings. Now called "Sharing Our Supper"...S.O.S. Meals! For more information, email email@example.com.
3. Donate to support the ministry. Monetary Donations are needed to provide the overnight warmth, water, and other program/staff needs. Estimated cash costs per season is
$30-35,000...and we can’t pay the heating bill with toilet paper! (Average cost per Guest per night is just $10-14!) Every dollar helps! Without lights and water and heat, no warming room! No dah!
4. In kind donations. These help meet Guest and Ministry needs. Donate, collect or hold a drive for the following
- Bus cards (for health, dental appointments, interviews, support during inclement weather)
- Environmentally friendly rock salt for winter sidewalks
-Dec-March, milk, oranges, bananas, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter, jelly, cold/hot cereal, pop tarts and butter
- Decaf and regular fair-trade coffee, creamer and sugar
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex and large/small trash bags
- New/Gently used socks, new underwear, male and female long johns, bras, warm gloves, hats
-Sweat pants and shirts for medium sized for men and medium/large sized for women.
-Winter coats, boots and shoes
~Please donate other clothing items to Unity Lutheran's Clothes Bank!~
- Shavers/shave cream, hand soap, dish soap, air fresheners and bleach
- Hand warmers
- Individual portioned laundry soap (pods work great) and dryer sheets.
- Readers of various strengths
- $5 McDonalds Gift Cards and $20 Target Gift Cards
- Tums, cold and cough medicine (OTC) and cough drops
- Candles, tarps and ponchos
Larry Under the Bridge
Larry Under The Bridge is a food and encouragement ministry to the homeless in the Bay View area. Bagged dinners are delivered to strategic locations near campsites on Sunday evenings every week. Larry UTB helps 30-50 people each Sunday and Monday night of each week.
Each dinner consists of:
2 pieces of fruit
Cookies or other desert item
In the summer months juice boxes, Gatorade, and extra waters are given out. Bug spray, camouflaged tarps, and sleeping bags are some of the other items handed out when available.
In the winter months gloves, hats, and long underwear were also supplied to the campers who do not participate in Divine
Intervention Prayer Vigil/Warming Room. Donated toiletries, socks, underwear, toilet paper are handed out year-round.
AND...Larry was just honored by Molina Healthcare as one of 6 statewide Champions for his work with the homeless! Congratulations Larry and to all our champions who make DI happen each year!