A collaborative ministry of over 46 intra-faith communities: A Mission of Tippecanoe Presbyterian Church
Join us in another year of ministry
and fulfill a call to a personal experience of mission!
Our Ministries include: Overnight Prayer Vigil/Warming Room, Larry (and Les!) Under the Bridge,
Garden Keepers Urban Gardening Internships, Graced Saturday Mornings,
SOS meals Fridays April-November, Advocacy, and Project Home.
Questions? Please email Pastor Karen at email@example.com
or call the office at 414-481-4680.
See what the media is saying about our ministry... just click here!
Did you know Divine Intervention has grown to be a year-round ministry with four missions?
And we need your help!
So many ways to be involved! One will be just right for you and fit your time and schedule! Let us know where your heart's desire lies and we'll connect you with others reaching out into the world with care and compassion! Call 481-4680 and we'll be back to you ASAP!
Yes, our Overnight Prayer Vigil/Warming Room runs nightly December 1 - March 31, but we
also serve the homeless community through our on-going S.O.S. Meals (Sharing Our Suppers Friday Night Potluck Dinners) served every Friday @ 6pm April 1 - November 31 hosted at various Bay View Churches. And now Graced Saturday Mornings hosted by Grace Presbyterian Church to provide added support for winter weekends.
From April - October two Guests have an opportunity to have a meaning-centered summer experience as Garden Keepers doing community gardening as part of our hunger ministry called just.good.food. We also invite other Guests to join in the ministry growing, gleaning, and giving healthy vegetables to those locally who are hungry. This summer, as part of our work force development focus, Nancy and Les are giving away about 100 lbs. of organic vegetables a week peak season. Thanks to Chris and Eloise our Garden Coordinator! And thanks to our Community Educator Rachel...as she, Les, and Nancy go weekly to BayView Community Center to do nutrition education as cooking demonstrations to pantry participants who then receive recipes and veggies! This year we add a Healthy Choice Casserole Making Class monthly for Pantry Recepients.
52 Sundays and Mondays a year...and now also Mondays, Larry (and Les!) Under The Bridge brings significant bagged dinners and basic supplies to local campers/homeless in our area.
Project Home coordinates collecting and distributing household furnishings of all types to homeless placed into apartments. Want to help donate and/or deliver? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
an intra-faith ministry providing emergency overnight safe sanctuary to the homeless, respecting the dignity of all God’s adult children. Beyond safe sanctuary and the provision for basic needs, the ministry creates
community which allows the “authentic self” of Overnight Guests to re-engage through self-awareness and relationships; prompting supported personal development. Divine Intervention is a caring community created through the ministry of individuals just like me and you…and our Guests themselves!
We are changing the world,
Thanks to all our funders!
Special thanks to our 46 intra-faith communities, individuals, and businesses across our greater Milwaukee area and...
School Sisters of Notre Dame
Racine Dominican Sisters
Presbytery of Milwaukee
Fund for Lake Michigan
Prairie Springs Foundation
Be part of making a difference....
1. Serve as a nightly host. Hosts are required to attend annual training. Your committing ONE night of ministry makes it possible for TWENTY people to receive safe accommodations and personal support. You can host anywhere between once a week and once a month. It’s never convenient! It’s always life changing! And it isn’t hard to do! Is giving up one half of one night’s sleep worth it? We know it is. Please contact Pastor Karen to set up a time to be oriented to the ministry!
2. Provide a pot luck dinner. Volunteer (with your family, friends, church group) to provide a pot luck dinner one or more evenings. Now called "Sharing Our Supper"...S.O.S. Meals!
3. Donate to support the ministry. Monetary Donations are needed to provide the overnight warmth, water, and other program/staff needs. Estimated cash costs per season is
$30-35,000...and we can’t pay the heating bill with toilet paper! (Average cost per Guest per night is just $10-14!) Every dollar helps! Without lights and water and heat, no warming room! No dah!
4. In kind donations. These help meet Guest and Ministry needs. Donate, collect or hold a drive for the following
- Bus cards (for health, dental appointments, interviews, support
during inclement weather)
- Environmentally friendly rock salt for winter sidewalks
-Dec-March, milk, oranges, bananas, hard boiled eggs
- Decaf and Regular Fair-trade Coffee, Creamer and Sugar
- Toilet Paper & Paper Towels & Kleenex and cough drops
- New/Gently used socks, new underwear, male and female long johns, bras, warm gloves
-Sweat pants and shirts for medium sized for men and medium/large sized for women.
~Please donate other clothing items to Unity Lutheran's Clothes Bank!
- Shavers and shaving cream
- Hand warmers
- Individual portioned laundry soap (pods work great) and drier sheets.
-Readers of various strengths
- $5 McDonalds Gift Cards and $20 Target Gift Cards
Larry Under the Bridge
Larry Under The Bridge is a food and encouragement ministry to the homeless in the Bay View area. Bagged dinners are delivered to strategic locations near campsites on Sunday evenings every week. Larry UTB helps 30-50 people each Sunday and Monday night of each week.
Each dinner consists of:
2 pieces of fruit
Cookies or other desert item
In the summer months juice boxes, Gatorade, and extra waters are given out. Bug spray, camouflaged tarps, and sleeping bags are some of the other items handed out when available.
In the winter months gloves, hats, and long underwear were also supplied to the campers who do not participate in Divine
Intervention Prayer Vigil/Warming Room. Donated toiletries, socks, underwear, toilet paper are handed out year-round.
AND...Larry was just honored by Molina Healthcare as one of 6 statewide Champions for his work with the homeless! Congratulations Larry and to all our champions who make DI happen each year!